Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Almost Happy Ending

I got a phone call this morning at 8:00 am.

Embassy Lady: "Good Morning. this is the Indian Embassy calling."

Me: "Good."

Embassy Lady: "I need to tell you that we cannot grant you a student visa because The Iyengar Institute is not registered with the Indian Government."

Me: "Uh-huh..."

Embassy Lady: "But we can issue you a tourist visa..."

Me: "Great..."

Embassy Lady: "But I need you to know that if something happens to you there we are not responsible for you..."

Me, still not worried about human trafficking: "That's fine..."

Embassy Lady: "And if you are caught doing anything other than being a tourist we cannot help you..."

Me thinking, What might I possibly be doing that I could get caught at?: "That is fine."

Embassy Lady: "You are willing to accept that responsibility?

Me: "Yes."

Embassy Lady: "You will need to fill out a new application from and fax it to me. This time fill it out as a tourist visa."

Me, thinking that is what I did in the first place: "Yes, ma'am."

Embassy Lady: "If you fax it to me before noon then I can process it today."

Me: Great.

So I say almost a happy ending because I do not actually have said visa yet. But I am hopeful. Quite hopeful.

No comments: